Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Concentration

  

My concentration is about portraying my Aztec culture’s artistic nature. Aztec art deals with a lot of figures, designs and color, so I wanted to create pieces that signified an Aztec’s ritualistic background. Aztecs have a civilized yet beastly nature, so my concentration depicts the artistic side of the Aztec nature.
In my pieces I showcased the use of color, pattern, and Aztec warriors. In my pieces I used feathers with a lot of color, because during ceremonies Aztecs wore head-dresses full of feathers with many different colors. The use of patterns in my pieces demonstrate how Aztecs used a lot of design in their culture and religious background.
                                                                       Aztec Dancer

                                                                       Preparing Stance

                                                                   Ceremonial Dance

                                                                    The Little Ones

                                                                    Burning Culture

                                                                             Kopillis

                                                                          Feathered

                                                                   Carnations Combine

                                                             Feathers in Movement

                                                               Ceremonial Dream-catcher

                                                              Aztec Feathers of Dance

                                                           The Calendar Represents

No comments:

Post a Comment